Should I upgrade to Windows 10?
Many of us have this question in mind as to whether upgrade Windows 10 or not. Today, in this article, we will list down some of the advantages and disadvantages of upgrading Windows 10. So, let’s first start with the ways to upgrade Windows 10 and its advantages.
Reason to upgrade to Windows 10
1. It is absolutely free
You are eligible for the free update of Windows 10, if you have a valid licence of the previous versions of Windows such as Windows 0S, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.
2. The speed is must faster
The best advantage to upgrade to windows 10 is that the speed of the computer will increase to a large extent. The Direct X 12 graphics are also available with the updated version of Windows 10 that will boost the speed of the game, and will give you a lot of updates and increase in the performance of the computer.
3. Voice assistant
Now, with Cortana, that is equivalent to Apple’s siri, you will get an edge over the technology hands-free. Thus, you will have all the voice control that will help you in strengthen the efficiency of the phone or the tablet or the computer that you are using.
4. It provides you with higher security.
Secure Boot feature is one such advantage that will give you an edge over the previous version of the windows. The antivirus software that comes with the windows Firewall will help you in maintaining the security of the computer. Thus, you should upgrade to Windows 10 for this reason.
5. All the universal apps will come with it
With the help of Windows 10, you will also get an access to various universal applications and will be easier for you to run the apps with various features and that too on full screen. Also, it will come with cross- compatibility thus; you will be able to enjoy a variety of games also.
6. With better browser, you will get a better experience.
Microsoft edge is another such interesting browser that will help you in getting an amazing browsing experience. With a variety of feature, you will also get an opportunity to enjoy various features in addition to it.
How to upgrade to Windows 10?
Before upgrading your windows, you need to insure that following things are done-
- Install the latest hardware drivers for your computer, including chipset, audio, network, USB, and graphic drivers. Using older drivers may block the upgrade from being allowed.
- Unplug USB devices such as flash drives, external storage, and printers. These devices have been known to prevent updates from installing correctly in the past.
- Microsoft sometimes blocks upgrades due to older antivirus software. Right before performing the upgrade, uninstall your antivirus software so that it does not conflict with the upgrade.
Now, to upgrade the windows to Windows 10, you need to follow the steps given below-
- Visit the Windows 10 download page and click the ‘Download tool now‘ button to download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
- Open the Media Creation Tool and click on the ‘Accept‘ button to accept the license terms.
- At the “What do you want to do?” screen, select the ‘Upgrade this PC now‘ option and click Next. The Media Creation Tool will now begin to download the Windows 10 installation files, which can take a while.
- After downloading all the files, a prompt will get reflected on your screen asking you to whether you want to keep everything or want to start from scratch. Select to Keep all apps and files and continue.
- Once you click on the Installbutton, Windows 10 will begin to be installed. This process can take quite a while, and the computer will restart numerous times.
- After Windows 10 is finished installing, connect to the internet and open Settings > Windows Update> Activation, and the PC will be activated with a digital license. You can also enter your Windows 7 or Windows 8.x product key and activate Windows 10 if the device is not already activated.
Why not to upgrade to Windows 10?
Now, there are a few reasons that will make you wonder as to not upgrade your windows to Windows 10. Some of the reasons are stated below-
1. One drive problems
One drive is a feature that was introduced in the Windows 8 that allow you to browse files with the help of different windows, without downloading them. But with the new version, you must not see such thing and the selective sync is sometimes seen as problem by various users.
2. Dilemma regarding updates
You do not have the option but to update your windows 10. Thus, you have no choice but to update, thus, losing control over the update of the machine.
3. Compatibility issues
There might be some compatibility issues while upgrading to the Windows 10 because rarely the apps are compatible with any new update. Thus, you need to keep this mind before upgrading.
4. Privacy concerns
Also, the privacy issues are the first reason that users look for while updating or installing or doing any upgrade on the computer. Thus, it might cause some privacy to you. Your files may be lost or some important documents may be lost, so keep in mind the privacy before upgrading the Windows 10.
5. No windows media center or DVD Support
Another disadvantage of upgrading windows 10 is that there are no windows media center or DVD support in the new version. So, keep in mind this also, before thinking of doing any upgrade like this.
Thus, we have listed you the advantages and disadvantages of upgrading to Windows 10 that you need to keep in mind while thinking of doing any upgrade. Also, the steps mentioned above are easy, but make sure to follow each and every step without missing out on any of the above.