Avast is one of the best Antivirus available in the market that you can use to secure your PC. Earlier, Avast had released v8 with AdBlocker, Software Updater, Browser cleanup tool and other new features but after June 2018, Avast Adblocker is no longer available as it has been removed by security v from its Antivirus and is part of Avast Secure Browser.
In this article, we will look at the ways how to install or remove Avast AdBlocker from your computer as the Ad Blocker is an optional feature powered by Ad-block Plus which you need to install on your own.
If you’ve already installed Avast on your computer, follow these steps:
First of all, open the Avast user interface, click on Settings and then click on “Browser Integration” on the left and click on the “Install” button present opposite to “Ad Blocker not installed “, for specific browsers like Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Google Chrome.
How to install Avast Adblocker?
One thing that you should know is that you can install AdBlocker for all three browsers but Ad Blocker may not install for the Firefox browser if Ad-block Plus is already installed. Also, you may not install it for nightly and aurora or beta channels of Firefox.
Also, Chrome blocks extensions are already installed on Windows. So, all you need to do is to allow this extension install. After that, you can enable AdBlocker by visiting chrome://extensions page and get rid of those annoying ads.
How to uninstall or remove Avast AdBlocker?
To uninstall or remove Avast AdBlocker, you can use any of the two ways: either using Avast user interface or accessing from the Control Panel. To uninstall or remove Avast AdBlocker, follow these steps:
- First of all, close all browsers, and open Avast user interface.
- Now, go to Settings, navigate to Browser Integration, and click on the “Uninstall” button for a specific browser or for all browsers as per your wish.
- To completely uninstall or remove Avast Adblocker from all browsers follow these steps:
- Open Control Panel, go to Programs, and visit Programs and Features.
- After that, select “Avast Ad Blocker”, click the “Uninstall” button, and follow instructions on the screen.
After everything is done, you need to restart the browsers to see the changes.