If you are in the entertainment sector, you must have heard about Digital TV tuners. They are a great way to watch TV on your PC, using software to run the device.
What is the Digital TV tuner registration app?
A digital TV tuner device registration application is a scheduled task that you need to perform if you want to watch TV on your PC. It is a part of the Windows Media Center and allows you to watch digital cable channels from your cable provider straight from your PC.
The main motive of the app is to always run in the background, and scan your PC for TV tuners that may have been attached. However, the problem is that they can slow down a PC and stop it from performing optimally.
Also, they are seen as threats by third-party antivirus tools, and you can be tired of warnings from your antivirus, although the app does not pose any type of security threat. For PC owners to whom performance matters the most, hindrance is something that can deviate the satisfaction graph for the worse.
Do I need to remove the Digital TV tuner device registration app?
To know if you need to remove, follow these steps:
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc that will open the Task Manager
- Go to the Processes tab.
- If you see a process named ehprivjob.exe taking up too much CPU, the Digital TV tuner device registration app is in action, alongside slowing down your PC. You should remove the app if it takes up too much CPU.
How to remove a Digital TV tuner device registration app from a PC?
- Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog box, type in appwiz.cpl, and press Enter.
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off and expand the dropdown menu associated with Media Features.
- All you need to do now is remove the checkpoints next to Windows Media Player and Media Features and click Yes to confirm.
- Click OK, and you are good to go.
After that, the Digital TV tuner device registration app will be disabled from booting up again, and you will need to activate your TV Tuner again whenever you want to use it.