How to fix Missing file privileges Steam error?
If you are a Steam user and trying to accept a gifted game, transfer a gift, or trying to run specific games, you might have got the Missing file privileges error which can be very frustrating sometimes. There are a wide variety of reasons for showing this error. But the important thing is that it can be fixed quickly with some useful solutions that we will discuss in this article. All you need to do is start experimenting with the solutions from the beginning to the end. Try out each one of them in the order, to find out which one helps you out, and enables you to get full access to your gifts and games.
Closing the igfxEm Module from Task Manager
To end igfxEm Module from Task Manager, follow these steps:
- First of all, press Ctrl + Alt + Del, and then select Task Manager.
- Click on More details, present at the bottom of the opened window. You will be able to get a detailed view of the processes that are currently running on your PC.
- In the Processes tab, search for the igfxEm Module, select it.
- After that, click on the End Task button and launch Steam again to check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Modify the download regions settings in your Steam
You can also change the download region to fix the Missing file privileges error in Steam using the following steps:
- Open Steam and click on the Steam at the top of the program.
- Select Settings and click on Downloads.
- After that, modify the Download region by using the dropdown list and click OK.
- Restart the game.
Repair Steam library folder
To repair the Steam Library folder, follow these steps:
- First of all, restart your computer and run Steam.
- Click on the Steam button, select Settings, and click on Downloads.
- Choose the Steam Library Folders, and then click on Repair Library Folder.
- Retry running or downloading the game which showed the error.
Check if the game is not corrupted
- Open Steam and click on the Library button at the top of the window.
- Right-click on the game that shows the error, and click on Properties.
- Click on Local Files, and go to Verify the integrity of the game cache.
- The system will start checking the game cache and will take a few minutes to complete it.
- After that, try running or updating the game.
Run Steam with administrator privileges
Note that the Missing file privileges error in Steam can trouble you if you lack administrative privileges to run the game. To run Steam with administrator privileges, follow these steps:
- Press the Windows Logo Key and R simultaneously and paste %ProgramFiles(x86)% into the box.
- Click OK and then right-click on the Steam folder, select Properties.
- Now, choose the Security tab, click on Advanced and change the permission for the first two elements in the list, namely Users and System to Full Control. You can do that by clicking on the Edit button, and then on OK.
- Run Steam to check to see if the issue has been fixed or not.