This problem is a common one. If you are using Windows 10 PC, you might have seen this blue screen of death error with the error code “PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA” at the bottom of the box. Be assured, you’re not alone and many users are also facing a similar issue. However, be assured that it is not a major problem and you can fix it easily by yourself.
How to fix this issue?
The most important point to note is that you’ll need to be logged into Windows on the problem computer to try any of these solutions. However, it might happen that you can’t log into Windows for any reason. In that case, power on and off your PC 3 times to perform a hard reboot and restart it in Safe Mode.
In this article, we will discuss 5 solutions you can try. All you need to do is just work from the top down until you find the solution that removes the bug from your computer.
- Run a disk check and memory check
- Undo recent changes
- Temporarily disable any third-party antivirus applications
- Disable automatic paging file size management
- Update device drivers
Let us now discuss the solutions in detail.
1. Run disk check and memory check
This error can also occur due to faulty RAM or corrupted NTFS volume. For that, you need to follow these steps:
- Press the Windows logo key and S key at the same time, then type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click Command Prompt, then select Run as administrator.
- Type chkdsk /f /r, then press Enter and then press Y on your keyboard.
- Press the Windows logo key and R at the same time.
After that, type mdsched.exe and click Restart.
Now, wait for the scans to finish to check to see if the problem is resolved or not.
2. Undo recent changes
This blue screen error could be due to the recent changes that you have made to your system or if you’ve added new hardware or software to your system recently. You can remove or uninstall them to see if the problem is fixed.
3. Temporarily disable any third-party antivirus applications
This error can also be caused by interference from third-party antivirus software. You can check whether the antivirus is causing the trouble by temporarily disabling your antivirus and check if the problem persists. If the issue is fixed, contact the vendor of your antivirus software and ask them about the substitutes. Always be extra careful about the sites you visit, and the emails you open and the files you download when your antivirus is disabled as your PC is extremely vulnerable during that time.
4. Disable automatic paging file size management
- First of all, press the Windows logo key and E simultaneously to open your File, Explorer.
- Right-click This PC, then select Properties, then click Advanced system settings.
- Now, click Settings in the Performance section and go to the Advanced tab.
- Now, click Change and make sure the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives option is un-ticked.
- Click OK to save the change and exit. Then restart your computer and check.
5. Update device drivers
It is advised to use the recent drivers and update them from time to time as this issue can also arise if you are using an old driver. To make updating a driver easy and convenient, you can use Driver Easy that will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for it.
You can update your drivers automatically with either the FREE or the Pro version of Driver Easy. The main advantage of the Pro version is that it takes just 2 clicks with full support and a 30-day money-back guarantee from the company. To update using Driver Easy, follow these steps:
Download and install Driver Easy.
- Run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button which will then scan your computer and detect any problem drivers.
- Now, click the Update button next to all flagged devices to automatically download and install the correct version of their drivers.
- If you are using the Pro version, click Update All to automatically download and install the correct version of all the drivers that are missing or out of date on your system.
- Last, of all, restart your system and check if the error is resolved.
Hopefully, you have found out the solution to your problem and at least one of the solutions came to your rescue. These are the most effective solutions and if performed correctly, can bring you success in a short time.