Apex Legends is a free Battle Royale game that is widely popular around the globe. But sometimes, a glitch appears that shows “Apex Legends Won’t Launch” on your computer. At times, when you are in the mood for gaming, these types of glitches can be quite annoying. Don’t worry as it is a very minor glitch and can be solved using the fixes as discussed below:
- Install the latest patch
- Try Repair Game in Origin
- Run Apex Legends as administrator
- Update your graphics card driver
- Allow connections through Windows Firewall
- Reinstall your game
How to perform the fixes?
Here we go:
Install the latest patch
As it is a very popular game, developers always keep releasing patches. These patches help to improve their games and fix any issues that might be present earlier. To get the best experience, you should check for updates of your game on the official website and install the latest patch to keep it up to date.
Many times, this will fix the issue that “Apex Legends won’t launch.”
Try Repair Game in Origin
If there is no new update for the game, you can repair your game issued by the Repair Game feature in Origin by following these steps:
- First of all, open the Origin client and go to My Game Library.
- Visit Apex Legends, right-click on it, and select Repair.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish it and restart your computer.
- After that, launch Apex Legends and check if the issue has been resolved or not.
Run Apex Legends as administrator
You can try running the Apex Legends game as an administrator instead of using the normal way by following these steps:
- Type Apex Legends in the search box on your desktop. After that, right-click Apex Legends to select Run as administrator.
- Accept UAC if prompted and then check if Apex Legends launches properly.
If you are successful, you should now follow these steps:
- Type Apex Legends in the search box on your desktop. After that, right-click Apex Legends to select Open file location.
- Right-click on Apex Legends .exe and click Properties.
- Now, click the Compatibility tab and check the box next to Run this program as an administrator. Lastly, click Apply and then save your changes.
Update your graphics card driver
If you are unsuccessful in the previous attempts, the last option that you can resort to is updating the graphics card drivers. Using outdated device drivers in your computer can cause your game not to launch. To update the drivers, go to the device manufacturer’s website, search for the latest version of your driver.
Download and install it on your computer and restart your game to check if the game is now working or not.