How to fix the Discord audio that keeps cutting out?
If you are into gaming or staring, you must have heard about a wonderful software called Discord. It is a very useful app that has multiple features and can help you communicate with your teammates during gameplay and also serves as a free time chatting app through audio. But sometimes glitches do happen, and one of them is that the audio keeps cutting out.
If Discord audio keeps cutting out, it means that you won’t be able to communicate efficiently with your teammates, and your voice will lag. In this case, the Discord audio issue results in cutting the stream randomly creating frustration. To solve this problem, we have brought you five different techniques that you can try to find the right one.
Update your Windows 10 audio drivers
To update the Windows 10 audio drivers, follow these steps:
- Press the Win+X keys on your keyboard simultaneously and click on Device Manager.
- Now, select the option Sound, video, and game controllers found in the drop-down menu.
- After that, right-click the system audio driver and click Update Driver.
- Click Search automatically for updated audio driver software and wait till you get a new update on your screen.
Restart the Discord application
To restart the Discord application, use the following steps:
- First of all, open Task Manager and click on the Processes tab.
- Search for Discord in the list and right-click the app and any related processes.
- Now, click End Task and go to the location of Discord on your hard drive and open it again.
Check if Discord servers are working fine
The problem is not always with your system and can be caused by a problem with the main servers too. To check if the Discord servers are up and running, check the Discord status and look if the All Systems Operational message is shown. It shows that there is no problem with the server’s side.
Modify region settings in Discord
- Open Discord and click Run as administrator.
- Click the down arrow found in Discord and select Server Settings.
- In the Server, the Region tab clicks on Change and try different options until you can find the perfect one.
Re-install the Discord app
To reinstall the Discord app, follow these steps:
- Press the Win+X keys simultaneously and then click the Apps and features option.
- Search for Discord in the app list and select it.
- Click on the Uninstall app, and follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall.
- After that, you need to download the latest version of the Discord app.
- Run the installer and complete the setup to install it again on your device.
We hope that you have found the article useful and have been able to solve the problem using the methods presented above.
Is Discord down right now?
To check if the Discord servers are down at this moment in time, you need to visit the official Discord Server Status and look for an all-good sign.
How to fix a Discord crash on my phone?
The crashing of Discord on your phone is mainly because it is being blocked by your antivirus software. Also, if the app is not updated, this issue may arise. To resolve, add the app to your antivirus whitelist, or update the app if required.