Facebook Images Not Loading | Fixed
Some users have been reporting an error while accessing Facebook images which are not loading on Windows. After a number of users reported to us, we did some research on this topic and ended up on this article.
Note: “Tech24inc team is not responsible for any damage or system crash caused due to the fix.”
Fixes to Facebook images not loading
1. Using the Google Public DNS
Some machines are not able to access the database due to the default DNS settings on the computer. We suggest you switching to Google Public DNS service. Just follow the steps below.
- On keyboard, press windows +R.
- It will open the Run dialog box.
- Type ncpa.cpl.
- Press enter.
- In the new window, right-click the Ethernet option (or Wi-Fi).
- Select Properties.
- in the window, click the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- After doing that, select the Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Enter 8.8.8 which is the preferred address for Google service.
- Click ok.
Restart the computer and check if the problem is solved.
2. Using a VPN service
Maybe the problem lies in the network which is conflicting with the Facebook image loading.
In that case, we suggest you opt for an internetetsecurite VPN-Virtual Private Network.
However, one can opt for setting up a VPN on its own but it is a very tiring and long process.
Users can use NordVPN which is a very secure and fast service.
- Download NordVPN from here.
- Run the app and choose the best and fastest location.
3. Flushing the Network Cache
The final option to fix the problem is by clearing the cache of the network which might solve the problem.
Just follow the steps below to clear the cache.
- Click the start button and enter cmd.
- After this, right-click the run as administrator
- With this being done, type the following commands while pressing Enter simultaneously.
ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew ipconfig /flushdns netsh winsock reset net stop dhcp net start dhcp netsh winhttp reset proxy
Restart the computer to check if the problem is solved.
Still, have any queries? Comment down below and our team will reply to the comment as soon as possible.