How to Find remote job?
It’s no secret that the unexpected COVID-19 pandemic has changed thousands of lives and we’ve all been forced to adapt to the new reality. With some organizations unable to adapt to remote work while others have been forced to close, many have found themselves without a job.
Here is the list of the most popular business areas for remote work:
- According to several job portals statistics, every fifth vacancy is for salespeople. You can work as a sales manager, telemarketer, customer service manager. Sales is still in high demand during the quarantine.
- Employers in this field always need professional software developers and system administrators.
- Language proficiency is always in a high demand among employers.
- Copywriter vacancies have become very popular duringCOVID-19 pandemic as many businesses went online and they need quality content and more ads for the websites and social media.
- SEO and SMM. SEO and SMM specialists are of great demand as they extremely contribute to successful business promotion on the Internet.
Also, vacancies that do not require special training are very popular during the coronavirus pandemic, e.g., call center managers or couriers.
But if you want to get new skills, required in rapidly changing environment and master a new profession, you should look for trainings or courses available on a variety of educational platforms or college/university websites. Commonly, applicants seek for guidance, but most of them say they are not even aware of how, or where to find programs to acquire the most in-demand skills. Spend all your free time learning and acquiring new skills: the best investment is investment in self-development.
Below are some job hunting tips:
- There are plenty of job boards, job search websites and job search engines, like Jooble, where you can always find hot vacancies fitting your search parameters.
- Social media services also offer special options for subject matter experts (e.g. LinkedIn). There are also relevant job search groups on social networks. For instance, there are specific groups on Facebook and Telegram where job posts appear permanently.
- One of the popular job search quarantine services is freelance platforms (Upwork, for example), where you can choose a job, apply for a vacancy, and work remotely.
The approach to employees’ search has also undergone crucial changes: since recently, employers are more willing to set their eyes on entry-level candidates’ CVs with no experience.
The trend towards remote jobs will increase in the near future, as evidenced by recent Gartner research:
- By 2030, the demand for remote work will increase by 30% due to Generation Z fully entering the workforce;
- 64% of today’s professionals say they could work anywhere and remote work policies are common.
So be creative. Make a video instead of a dull cover letter and tell your potential employer about your motivation in such an unusual way. And get ready for your dream job.