If your Windows PC has crashed and shown a “system code error,” then you are in the right place. The system error codes occur when your computer is facing any internal errors, and a code appears on the Blue Screen of death. The stop code contains details about the reason and the location of the error in your computer.
When an error occurs on your computer, it suddenly shuts down while showing a stop code on the BSOD. The action of shutting down is to prevent any more problems from happening to your computer.
The stop codes differ in their scopes, but they are a great starting point to look for errors in the computer. In this article, we will discuss methods to fix stop codes inWindow computers. But first, let us know how their stop codes work.
How Do Stop Codes Work?
The stop codes are usually hexadecimal codes that start with 0x and with eight other characters following them. Each type of Windows error has a special error code. The error codes are for helping you find the problem and fix it.
As an example, you may face a 0x0 0x0 code error. This error code occurs due to incorrect system settings. The code can also appear if there is any irregular entry in the registry file.
So, now that you know about the root cause of the problem, you can move on to fix it.
Fix System Error Codes
There are hundreds of system error codes. We have listed the most common ones and given solutions to fix them. Here are some of the common system error codes and the solutions for them.
- Memory Management 0x0000001A
- System Service Exception 0x0000003B
- WHEA Uncorrectable Error 0x00000124
- System Config Info 0x00000074
- Critical Process Died 0x000000EF
- Windows Store Error Code 0x8000ffff
- DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION
- Unmountable Boot Volume 0x000000ED
- Critical Process Died 0x000000EF
- HAL Initialization Failed 0x0000005C
- Machine Check Exception 0x0000009C
- Boot Selection Failed 0xc0000225
- Windows Update Error 0x80070422
The windows stop code errors are for addressing the error to the users. The codes appear on the BSOD to inform you about the specific type of fixing it needs.
While many codes require specific fixing, some system eros can be fixed with only a few simple tricks. Here are the tips for fixing error codes that make windows troubleshoot.
Restart The Computer
It is the go-to solution for almost all types of system errors in Windows computers. Restarting the computer solves many issues and troubleshooting in the Windows operating system. Whenever any troubleshooting occurs, you can start with restarting the system.
SFC & CHKDSK
If the error occurs due to a corrupted file, then you can use the Window utilities SFC & CHKDSK to fix the error. Sometimes the windows files may be corrupted and may cause the system to malfunction. SFC & CHKDSK utilities scan your computer for corrupted files and fix the errors along the way.
When you are using the SFC & CHKDSK utilities, you need to check if it is working properly. To check this, you need to use the DISM. DISM is also another windows utility tool like SFC & CHKDSK. Here is hope you will use DISM & SFC-
- At the start, the menu types the Command prompt (Admin). Now you need to right-click and select Run as administrator; this will be an elevated Command Prompt.
- Now you need to type the following command and press enter: DISM online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
- It would help if you waited for the command to be complete. The process may take around 20 minutes. You should not interfere during the process, even if the process takes a little more time.
- When the process is over, you need to type SFC /scannow and click enter.
Next, you need to run CHKDSK. It will scan your whole drive, unlike SFC that only checks the windows files.
- It would help if you typed the command prompt in the search bar of the start menu.
- Now you need to right-click on the best match. Next, select Run as Administrator.
- The next step is to type chkdsk /r and click enter. This command scans the errors in the system and fixes them automatically.
Once you have used these tools to recover the system from the errors, you need to restart the computer.
Update The Windows OS
Some windows errors get fixed if you update the windows OS to the latest version. Microsoft releases Windows updates fixing the known bugs that may be troubling you. Updating your windows OS will help you solve some of the BSOD problems. You can go to the start menu and look for the windows update options and easily update the OS to the latest version.
You may face the blue screen of death due to various types of error codes in the system. Once you learn to identify the root cause of the error code, you can fix it by yourself.
We hope that this article helps you understand the cause behind a specific error code and help you locate the solution.
Emily Bryant is a professional content writer. She completed her graduation in Psychology from the University of Montreal, Canada. She is very passionate about writing in many journals and magazines. She is the owner and co-founder of Smart Business Daily. She is also associated with many authority blog sites such as Tech Trends Pro, Search Engine Magazine, Social Media Magazine and Blogstellar.