The term ethical hacking refers to the hacking of security information or computer network in a legal way. Usually, the main role of an ethical hacker includes hacking of computer networks for having access to the security information and for evaluating the data in a legal manner. The ethical hackers don’t involve in criminal activity and never steal the data with an intention for maliciousness or for a criminal act.
The ethical hackers, also known as ‘white hat hackers’ as they use proper hacking techniques, and they have hacking certification. And the individuals who tend to hack information for criminal activity or for any destructive purpose are known as black hat hackers. They usually hack information for phishing purposes.
Top 3 Ethical Hacking Certifications
Ethical Hacking certification simply refers to the qualification of having a brief knowledge about the advanced hacking techniques for the security of the computer system. And it also includes the analysis and evaluation of errors being occurred in the security of computer systems, using various types of advanced hacking techniques and testing methods in a lawful manner.
The ethical hacking certification helps an individual to think and perform like a hacker with full knowledge and skills. An individual having an ethical hacking certification will be considered as a certified ethical hacker.
Some of the top ethical hacking certifications are listed below;
1. Certified Ethical Hacker
The Certified Ethical Hacker or CEH is the most commonly available and widely preferable ethical hacking certification, that helps an individual to gain all basic knowledge to become an ethical hacker. The major part of this certification includes the knowledge of security threats, risks, and countermeasures through lectures and hands-on labs.
This certification is more flexible than others and being managed by the EC-council, which gives several types of study facilities such as self-study, video lectures, and instructor-led training.
Apart from these, a hacking learner can get the experience of an on-site training program. With the CEH certification training program, an individual can get a wide range of hands-on experience.
2. Global Information Assurance Certification Penetration Tester
The Global Information Assurance Certification or GIAC program is being managed by the SANS Institute. One of the oldest organization which offers cyber security education along with all advanced hacking techniques.
With the certification of GIAC, one can get the vast opportunity to learn all basic knowledge of hacking. The Global Information Assurance Certification assures offers vendor-neutral certifications along with all require hands-on learning that is being held online. The company charge no additional cost for the research papers provided to the cyber-security industry.
Various options are available to earn the GIAC Penetration Tester (GPEN) certification, but it is highly suggested that learners take the SEC560 course on Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking from the SANS Institute; which is recognized as on-demand courses on the topic and illustrate that the certificate holder has received a good balance of theory and hands-on training.
3. Offensive Security Certified Professional
The Offensive Security Certified Professional or OSCP certification is designed to offer a wide collection of technical knowledge used in the hacking techniques. This is the most technical certification among all the ethical hacking certifications.
This certification is being managed by Offensive Security and includes understanding, analysing, evaluating, and learning software development, networking protocols, and systems internals. An OSCP certified ethical hacker can work efficiently on each type of hacking projects.
Advantages of Ethical Hacking Certification
The major benefits of having ethical hacking certification include;
- Having ethical hacking certification will help to understand the risk factors and destructive cyber threats that may affect computer networking and its security on a daily basis.
- A certified ethical hacker can resolve the issues of hacking of an organization and can protect the sensitive information.
- It gives a brief idea about the concept of hacking with all advanced techniques, which is much more than hacking being done for illegal purposes.
- A certified ethical hacker can develop their own skill in Trojans, Trojan countermeasures, Virus and Trojan analysis.
- However, the major benefit of having the ethical hacking certification will help a hacker to gain knowledge in the field of hijacking methods and system hacking.
- Apart from these, the hacker will also learn steganalysis, steganography, malware analysis procedure, covering tracks, and virus analysis that further includes the working of viruses, understanding the computer worms, and countermeasures.