Bing Ads vs Google Ads: Where to Invest Your Marketing Budget
The vast majority of people who use search engines still take advantage of Google. After all, Google is one of the oldest search engines. It has attracted so much presence that its name has even become a verb. At the same time, there are times when Google lets us down. In that situation, you may end up using a different search engine called Bing. If you have a business you are trying to run, you may take advantage of advertisements on both Bing and Google. At the same time, which is better? Which one should you be using for your business? It is important to compare the benefits and drawbacks of each option. That way, you can make the best possible decision for your business.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Bing Ads
First, it is important to take a closer look at how Bing advertisements work. Similar to Google, you are going to bid on keywords based on their traffic volume. The more people want to bid on a certain keyword, the more expensive it is going to be. Then, you will only pay for that ad when someone clicks on the ad you have put up. There is a limit of 80 characters for a Bing advertisement. There are support tools available to you that can help you build a cost-effective list of few words. That way, you are not spending money on advertisements that are not being displayed.
There are several advantages that come with Bing advertisements. These include:
- There are unique filter options and social extensions provided on Bing that are not available on Google. For example, you can set up filters for your search advertisements, ensuring that only certain people see your ad. You can also set up location filters so that your advertisements are only showing up in a certain part of the world.
- People who use Bing tend to have a higher income. This means that they are more likely to be able to afford the products and services you are providing.
- Bing also has certain targets meant for specific industries. For example, individuals who use Bing are more likely to be looking for financial and shopping services. If your business falls in this category, you are more likely to see a conversion.
On the other hand, there are several drawbacks of using Bing advertisements as well. These include:
- Bing does not have nearly as much traffic as Google. Therefore, you will not reach as many people if you decide to use Bing advertisements.
- Google has a higher click rate than Bing. Therefore, people may not click on your Bing advertisements as often as they would on Google.
- If you decide to go with Bing advertisements, there is a chance you will end up spending more money for every conversion.
You should weigh the benefits and drawbacks of Bing ads before you decide if this platform is right for you. Depending on your business, this could be the better option for your company.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Google Ads
Next, it is important to take a closer look at the advantages and disadvantages of Google ads. There are two separate advertising networks.
The first is called the search network. On this network, advertisers create textual advertisements that appear on search engines. Usually, these advertisements show up above the top results on the search page. They are usually labeled as an advertisement; however, people who use the search engine are going to see these advertisements before they see the rest of the results.
The other type of advertisement is called display network advertising. In this situation, advertisers will create display advertisements that show up on a wide variety of websites scattered across the internet.
When it comes to Google advertisements, there are several benefits you should consider. These include:
- Google advertisements are exceptional at generating phone calls for your business. If your goal is to get someone to pick up the phone and call you, then you probably want to go with Google.
- If you are focusing on how much money you are spending per conversion, Google is probably going to be the better option. Google has the best click-through rates. Therefore, you will probably spend less money on each conversion.
- If your focus is on the business-to-consumer marketplace, then Google is probably the place for you.
On the other hand, there are several drawbacks of this method as well. Some drawbacks Google include:
- Even though the conversions are cheaper on Google, the overall amount of money you may spend on this advertisement campaign could still be higher.
- There are a lot of people who use Google that may not have the money to spend on your business. Therefore, if you have more expensive products and services, you may not be reaching the right target market.
- Google does not have access to some of the customizable features that Bing provides, including the Action Ad extension.
Before you decide if the platform is right for you, it is important to consider the benefits and drawbacks of this platform. There are certain situations where Google advertisements can be very effective.
Do You Need Help Deciding Between SEO and PPC for your Digital Marketing Campaign? Let the Experts at BizIQ Help You Determine What Will Help You Reach Your Goals
Clearly, there is a lot that you need to think about if you are trying to decide between SEO and affordable PPC services for your digital marketing campaign. If you are trying to decide between Bing and Google, it is important to rely on trained professionals who can help you. That is where our team comes in. At BizIQ, we have a tremendous amount of experience that we can use to help you get the most out of your digital marketing campaign. We can help you decide if Google or Bing is right for you. Give us a call today to speak to a member of our team! We look forward to meeting you.