Middle Mouse Button Not Working? Try These Solutions
Are you searching for certain strategies to manage the middle mouse button not working error? At that point, this post from MiniTool is the thing that you need. You can attempt to check your equipment, run the Hardware Troubleshooter, update the mouse driver, and change the Registry settings to fix the mistake.
At the point when you are utilizing your PC and need to look over the screen with your mouse to see your documents, you find that your center mouse button isn’t working, which is extremely baffling.
There can be many reasons for the error to occur like the hardware problem, the driver issue, and the connection issue. But you do not have to worry as in this article we are going to tell you how to fix the error.
Solution 1: Check the Hardware Problem
The most well-known reason for this error is the equipment issue. Thus, you should check your mouse first. To discover the issue, you ought to unplug your mouse from the current PC and afterward plug it into another PC. If the mouse can work appropriately with another PC, at that point there is an issue with the association between your PC and the mouse.
What’s more, if you actually can’t utilize the center mouse button, at that point, there might be an equipment issue with your mouse itself. Accordingly, perhaps you ought to consider checking the segments of the mouse or supplanting it.
Solution 2: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
To do that you need to follow the steps to run it:
- First of all, you need to type the control panel in the search bar and then click the Control Panel.
- Now you have to Set View by Large icons and then click Troubleshooting. At the moment you need to choose Hardware and Sound.
- Here on click Hardware and Devices, click Next.
At this moment you need to follow the prompts which are displaying on the screen to finish troubleshooting.
- Reboot your PC to check if the error is gone or not.
Solution 3: Update the Mouse Driver
If your mouse driver is obsolete or missing, at that point, the parchment wheel not working blunder will show up. Subsequently, you can take care of the issue by updating the mouse driver. Here is the instructional exercise:
- First of all, you need to press the Windows and X keys at the same time to choose Device Manager.
- Now you need to expand the Mice and other pointing devices. Now right-click your mouse to choose Update driver.
- Now you need to pick up search automatically for updated driver software and then follow the instructions to finish the process.
- Restart your PC to check whether the issue is solved or not.
Solution 4: Change the Registry Settings
You can experience this error when your mouse settings in Registry Editor aren’t set accurately. So you can change the Registry settings to fix the mistake. Here how you do it:
- Simultaneously press the Windows and R keys to open the Run box.
- Then you need to type Regedit in the box and then click Ok and Yes to open Registry Editor.
- Now go to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
- Now search for WheelScrollLines in the right panel and then double-click it.
- Now you need to change the Value data to 3 and then click Ok to save changes.
- Reboot your PC to check whether the issue is solved or not.
Here we come to an end, we do hope that at the end of this article, you will find a way to fix the middle mouse button not working error.