Modern Warfare Keeps Crashing On Your Computer? Try These Hacks To Fix It
Modern Warfare players are encountering horrendous irregular accidents on PC while engaging their approaches to the top. A wide range of Dev mistake codes, for example, Fatal Error: Dev Error 6178 or no blunder codes by any stretch of the imagination. It crashes even in single-player mode. In case you’re encountering Modern Warfare slamming, here’re a couple of fixes you can attempt.
Modern Warfare crashes are brought about by equipment issues, so ensure your PC meets the base or suggested prerequisites, and check its extra proposals on the off chance that you have high illustrations settings turned on, for example, Ray Tracing. The main causes of this error are Outdated video drivers or audio drivers, Texture quality, G-Sync or V-Sync, Corrupt game files, Software conflicting and In-game overlay, etc.
In this article, we are going to mention a few solutions that you can use until you find your way to fix it.
Way 1: Shut all background Apps
To get rid of this you can close all apps that are running in the background by simultaneously pressing Ctrl, Shift and Esc keys. This will close down all apps along with your antivirus which can be overprotective and cause this error.
Way 2: Update your device drivers
One purpose behind numerous PC errors is old graphic drivers. You ought to check that your device has the privilege and most recent drivers, and update those that don’t. There are two ways you can get the right drivers: manually or automatically.
To fix it manually: You need to update your driver by visiting the manufacturer’s website and look for the latest correct driver. Ensure the drivers that are compatible with your Windows version.
How to do it Automatically: To get rid of this error, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will naturally perceive your PC and locate the right drivers for it. You don’t have to know precisely what system your PC is running, you don’t have to take risk of downloading and introducing some unacceptable driver, and you don’t have to stress when introducing or installing system drivers.
- First of all, download and install Driver Easy.
- Secondly, run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will check your PC and recognize any error causing drivers.
- Click the Update button close to the graphic card to automatically download and install the right form of their drivers. Or you can again click on update all to consequently download and install the right form of the absent drivers
- Restart your PC and check if the problem is settled or not.
Way 3: Set texture quality to high or normal
Several players may set their graphic settings too Low, which can be the reason for this issue. Modern Warfare crash for not having enough surface quality, particularly if you get a mistake code Dev Error 6178. Numerous gamers discover setting Texture Resolution to Normal or High unraveled their smashing issues, contingent upon your PC specs. Here how to do it:
- First of all, you need to open your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and then go to Options then Game Settings, and last Graphics.
- You need to set Texture Resolution to High or Normal under the Details and Texture tab.
Note:- You can keep everything else on the least settings, aside from Texture Filter Anisotropic on High. Additionally, make a point to kill Sync Every Frame (V-Sync), which is best left off inside games.
- At last, you need to play Modern Warfare again to check whether the issue is solved or not.
Way 4: Scan and Repair your game
This is the strategy you can generally attempt when you run into game slamming issues. Degenerate game records can cause Call of Duty: Modern Warfare crashing issues.
In case you’re on Steam, Go to your game library and right-click Call of Duty.
Modern Warfare and select Properties.
At that point go to the Local Files tab and snap Verify Integrity of Game Files.
In case you’re on Blizzard Battle.net, you can find Modern Warfare and snap Options and afterward Scan and Repair.
Way 5: Disable NVIDIA V-Sync for Modern Warfare
The V-Sync in your game is G-Sync/FreeSync and it might meddle with Modern Warfare, so you can have a go at turning it off to check whether the smashing issue disappears. On the off chance that you have in-game V-sync turned on, you can cripple it in Modern Warfare illustrations settings. To do that you need to turn off V-Sync in NVIDIA Control Panel:
- First of all, right-click your Desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Now you need to go to 3D Settings and then Manage 3D settings. At that moment you need to select the Program Settings tab and add your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. Here is the Default Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\ModernWarfare.exe
- Now go to the list and select Off for Vertical sync, click Apply.
- Lastly, you need to launch your game again to check whether the error is solved or not.
Way 6: Disable Discord in-game overlay
In case you are utilizing programs with overlay features then it will cause this error in your system. To get rid of this you need to do is:
- First of all, you need to open Discord and click the settings icon.
- Now search the Overlay tab and Toggle off Enable in-game overlay.
Way 7: Change Priority
Setting Call of Duty, Modern Warfare to high need, as per a couple of players, lessens the number of accidents a tad. To do it, you need to open your game first since you will discover it in the Task Manager.
- Simultaneously press Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys to open Task Manager, then go to the Details tab.
- Now navigate the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.exe and right-click it.
- At the moment you need to Select Priority and then High.
- When incited for authorization to make changes, select Change Priority.