Here How You Can Install iTunes on Chromebook!
Do you know that the majority of classrooms are filled with Chromebooks? Well, it is true, in case you don’t know. Many users prefer iPhones as their primary device.
What’s more, in the long run, that prompts incongruence between two particular ecosystems made by Google and Apple. Truly, we are looking at running iTunes on Chromebook and how you can make it work.
In this article, we present to you a point-by-point direction on the best way to install iTunes on Chromebook. We will likewise examine the presentation of iTunes on Chromebooks so you realize what’s in store from the application. If you want Download books online then here are the Best Free E-Book Downloading Sites.
How to install iTunes on Chromebook in 2020: Here, we have disclosed how to get iTunes dealing with your Chromebook altogether. To give you a general idea, we are utilizing the Wine application which is famous for running Windows applications on Linux framework a. For a couple, we will install the Windows adaptation of iTunes on our Chromebook through the Linux compartment.
- Most importantly, you need to enable Linux and afterward set up Wine on your Chromebook. We have composed the step-wise guide so you need to follow it.
- Presently, you should feel free to download iTunes for Chromebook. Remember, the 64-cycle rendition doesn’t work appropriately on Chromebook and showcases a dark window. Along these lines, download this particular 32-bit rendition of iTunes.
- Next, rename the file to something simpler like “itunes.exe” and move it to the Linux area.
- Having done that, open the Terminal and execute the beneath command to change the Wine design to 32-digit. Make a point to change your username to the real username allocated to your Chromebook. If a Wine window opens up, click on the “Ok” button.
- Now, you have to run the below-mentioned command to install the 32-bit version of iTunes on Chromebook. Remember, ensure that your username is changed. When you will see the installation window you need to open it up. Click on “Next” and proceed with the setup.
WINEARCH=win32 WINEPREFIX=/home/yourusername/.wine32/ wine itunes.exe
- Now after you install it you need to click on “Finish” to complete the process.
How to create the Shortcut for iTunes on Chromebook: You have effectively installed iTunes on Chromebook and an easy route has likewise been made in the App Drawer inside the Linux envelope. Nonetheless, when you click on it, the alternate route doesn’t open iTunes because of a wrong record way. Thus, to fix this issue, follow these means.
- Open the local File Explorer and move to the Linux area. Here, click on the 3-spot menu and empower “Show Hidden Files”.
- Presently, explore the path: .local – > share – > applications – > wine – > Program Files – > iTunes. Here, you will discover iTunes.the desktop file which is the alternate route that we need to alter. Thus, right-click on it and select “Open With”. Here, pick the Text application to open the document.
- Having done that, you need to copy the below-mentioned path and paste it simply after Exec=. Remember, do change your username to the actual one.
env WINEPREFIX=”/home/yourusername/.wine32″ wine “/home/yourusername/.wine32/drive_c/Program Files/iTunes/iTunes.exe”
Create Shortcut for iTunes on Chromebook
- Now, you need to save the file and close the Text app. After that, you are required to open iTunes from the App Drawer.
So that is the way you can get iTunes on your Chromebook. While the establishments are not excessively straightforward or simple you can give them a shot with your gadget. Whenever you have set up Wine, the cycle turns into a breeze. Aside from that, on the presentation front, iTunes didn’t function admirably yet try it out and perceive how well it passes on your Chromebook. Anyway, that is all from us. On the off chance that you are confronting some difficulty while making it work, do remark and tell us.