Solutions For Window Users For Error A Device Attached to The System is Not Functioning
There are a lot of Windows users who are having trouble with their PC. A common error keeps coming on their way which tells A device attached to the system is not functioning. Are you one of those users? Well, you do not need to worry as this error normally occurs the time you try to copy files from a USB storage device or when they are using some program like BitLocker.
However, if you are facing this error continuously then it might be irritating. Now we have again come up with several solutions that you folks can try to get rid of this error. You may not have to try them all. Just work your way down the list until you find the one that works for you.
Solution 1. Try to reconnect your device: You may experience this error in light of the incorrect association between your USB stockpiling and your PC. Possibly the connector isn’t appropriately associated with the USB port, or the cable you utilize is imperfect. You can take a stab at reconnecting your gadget and ensure it is situated immovably on your PC. At that point verify whether you dispose of the gadget joined not working blunder. Or then again you can attempt an alternate USB information link, as it is frequently useful for fixing the mistake.
Solution 2. Try to reboot your PC: It is likewise conceivable that there are debasement issues in your working system so you see this error. A restart of your PC can assist you with disposing of these issues. Have a go at restarting your PC and check whether the error vanishes or not.
Solution 3: Format your device: Sometimes this error can occur because the storage device is not properly formatted. To format the device you need to do is:
- First of all, you need to back up all of your data in your USB device by using another PC.
- Then, go to File Explorer and right-click your USB device.
- Now select Format.
- Next up, you need to do, configure the format settings and click Start.
- Lastly, use your USB device to transfer some files to check if the error is gone or not.
Solution 4. Try updating or reinstalling the device driver: One purpose behind numerous PC errors is old drivers for your hardware devices. You ought to check that your device has the privilege and most recent drivers, and update those that don’t. There are two ways you can get the right drivers: manually or automatically.
Driver Easy will naturally perceive your PC and locate the right drivers for it. You don’t have to know precisely what system your PC is running, you don’t have to take risk of downloading and introducing some unacceptable driver, and you don’t have to stress when introducing or installing system drivers.
How to do it Automatically: To get rid of this error, you can do it automatically with Driver Easy.
- First of all, download and install Driver Easy.
- Secondly, run Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button. Driver Easy will check your PC and recognize any error causing drivers.
- Click the Update button close to the USB device to automatically download and install the right form of their drivers. Or you can again click on update all to consequently download and install the right form of the absent drivers
- Restart your PC and check if the problem is settled or not.
You can also uninstall the storage device driver using Driver Easy. To reinstall the driver, you need to open Driver Easy and go to Tools, and then Driver Uninstall. Now you need to select your device and click the Uninstall.
Solution 5. Run SFC scan and DISM command:
If you have some corrupted files in your system then you can face this error. To get rid of it, you need to run SFC (System File Checker) scan and the DISM (Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management) command to scan to fix the issue.
- First of all, go to the Start button, and then type “cmd”. Now right-click the Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
- Now type SFC /scannow to run the SFC and hit the Enter.
- After that, type “dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth” to run the DISM command and press Enter.
- At last, reboot your PC to check if the error is fixed or not.
Solution 6. Restore or reset your Windows: Right now you may have to reestablish or reset your Windows. You can reset your f window to a restore point if you have one. You can likewise utilize your Windows establishment media to reinstall or reset your Windows. If you are utilizing Windows 10 and you need to reset it.
Now we have come to an end, hopefully, the above-mentioned solutions for the error A Device Attached to The System is Not Functioning will help you out to fix your error in the PC.