Worried of PS4 controller not charging while plugged in? don’t worry because in the article will help you lit up the blue light which is a charging indication. This issue is a common one among the PS4 players and we have found many fixes to the problem.
Note: “Our team is not responsible for any damage caused to the PS4 controller.”
Some fixes to the problem
Resetting the PS4 controller
In most of the cases, the charging problem is caused due to crashing software in the controller which malfunctions and prevents it from charging. To solve the problem, follow the steps below-
- Locate the Reset button which is located right below the L2 button.
- It is a small hole sized button.
- Find a toothpick, needle or sim ejector tool.
- Now, hold the button for 2-3 seconds and then release the button.
- The controller will restart itself indicating that the controller is reset properly.
Try charging the PS4 controller and check if the problem is solved.
Charging the PS4 controller upside down
This solution might sound a bit weird but many users stated that this works. Sometimes, the wires held lose causing this problem to rise. Try charging it upside down and check if it works.
Checking the charging cable of the PS4 controller
In many cases, the controller not charging problem arises due to underlying problem in the charging cable itself. Try following the steps below to check if it was the cause of the problem.
- If you have a couple of controllers, try charging the other one with the same cable and check if it is charging.
- If it charges, then it is high time for cleaning charging port of the controller or contacting the manufacturer.
- in case the controller does not charge, go to a store and buy another original Sony charging cable.
Checking the charging port of PS4 controller
A charging port with dust or short-circuit might be causing the problem and preventing the PS4 to take charge. Check out the steps below.
- Take a toothpick or cotton swab and clean the port without using any liquid.
- After cleaning, if the controller works and charges smoothly, the problem is fixed.
- If not, move to FIX 3 and contact Sony center.
Replacing the Batteries of your PS4 controller
If none of the above fixes worked then its time to buy a new pair of batteries as old batteries do not hold charge and at the end causes the controller unable to charge.
So, this was our list of fixes for no charging PS4 controller.
Still, have any queries? Comment down below.