Some best fixes to the problem
1. The waiting game
Most of the times, windows is installing certain updates in the background that leads to this screen while also being interrupted by certain startup programs that takes ram with the update.
In that case, wait for a long time until the screen gets changed to the login one. In some cases, it even takes hours depending upon the update size. After waiting for about 3 hours, this is now to move on to the next fix because it is proved that the windows is not working properly.
2. Resetting the PC
Sometimes, power resetting the PC also works like a charm in the situations like this one. To get started with this method, follow the steps below. Also, this method is useful in clearing out memory without interrupting with the day’s on the drives.
- To get started, turn off the computer.
- Remove all the attached peripherals including earphones, external disk drives, USB, external graphics card, hard drives.
- Remove the power supply of the system.
- Also, if a user is on a laptop, remove the battery.
- After doing all the above, press the power button for about 30 seconds and then release it.
- Now, plug back the power plug and the battery of the system to the original place.
- Finally, turn on the computer and the problem must now be solved.
3. Running the system File checker
In most of the cases, the update files are corrupted that cause windows to enter a infinite loop of finding the correct time. For that, we have File System Checker Utility which is a system built-in tool that scans and restores the recovery files using internet and the database.
Before we start, you should know that in this method, a Windows OS disc or bootable flash drive is required in order to read the required settings. After doing that, follow the steps below.
- Pig in the media tool and boot from it using the boot menu.
- Enter the basic information required by the Windows Setup.
- Click next.
- Do not click install now, just check the bottom left of the screen with repair your computer option.
- In the Choose an option menu, select the troubleshoot option from the available three.
- In the advanced options, select command prompt.
- In the cmd, type sfc /scannow.
- Press Enter from the keyboard.
- Wait till the whole process is complete.
- Now, close the command prompt window.
- Select the Turn of your PC option.
- Check if the problem is solved.
4. Reinstalling the Windows
If none of the other methods works, the final option left with the user is to install the Windows again on the system. It is because the Windows has stuck on a single task and it is unsure to revert the changes nor complete them. To install the Windows again, use the same media creation took used in the fix#3 which was CD or the bootable USB. Just boot into the system using the device and computer the process of Smooth installation of Windows.
If any fixes from 1 to 3 worked, the first step after getting into the windows is to update all the drivers because of and outdated drivers lead to malfunctioning of system hardware due to certain limitations.
Updating the drivers
There is a high possibility that the device drivers are outdated that might be causing the error or some wrong driver that has been installed in your system.
For this, Install the correct driver from the official website of the manufacturer.
- Fill in the correct details of the brand of driver present in the system.
- Make sure it matches your computer architecture system.
If you are a newbie and still cannot find the relevant details about the graphics driver. This method will surely help you with that.
- Down the Driver Easy software from here.
- Run the software and click the Scan Now option.
- It will scan for all the outdated or corrupted drivers and present a list of all.
- Click Update All after buying the Pro version with a minimum charge.
Restart the computer and try installing the update to make sure the problem is fixed.
So, these were all the steps required to solve the issue of the error persisting in the Windows.
Still, have any questions regarding the error? Comment down below and our team will reach the comment as soon as possible.