Myfiosgateway Login – Setup Router & Manage Wi-Fi Settings – Step by Step Guide!
Myfiosgateway.com login / set up :
Verizon Fios Gateway lets you transmit and distribute digital information from the gateway to other multiple devices at your home or office location .verizon gateway supports networking through Ethernet as well wirelessly, Verizon Fios gateways are the most versatile and powerful gateways, Verizon Fios gateways are compatible with almost all kinds of wireless access points and routers, you can even use a range extender in combination with Verizon Fios gateway.
Myfiosgateway Verizon Gateways Features And Applications :
- Verizon Fios gateway supports multiple networking standards such as WAN gigabit ethernet and interfaces
- Inbuilt wired 4-gigabit ports for faster-wired connections and coaxial connection ( myfiosgateway.com )
- Ethernet Gigabit ports provide speeds up to 1000 Mbps and coaxial can speed up to 700 Mbps
- Wireless networking capable of 802.11 b/g/n, with speed lock features ( myfiosgateway.com )
- Enterprise level security features with fully customizable spi, content filtering controls ( myfiosgateway.com )
- Parental controls and customization policies as per customer policies with denial of service protection and ip spoofing features ( myfiosgateway.com )
- Event logging and MAC address filtering with static nat features
- with URL-keyword based filtering, parental controls, and customizable filtering policies per computer – Intrusion
Verizon Router Features :
- Port forwarding ( myfiosgateway.com )
- Port triggering
- Access control
- Advanced wireless protection with security encryption WPA2/WPA Mixed Mode, WEP 64/128-bit encryption
- MAC address filtering
- DHCP server feature
- WAN interface auto-detection
- Dynamic DNS ( myfiosgateway.com )
- DNS server
- LAN IP and WAN IP address custom selection
- MAC address cloning custom
- IPv6 support ( myfiosgateway.com )
- QoS support featuring: Differentiated Services (Diffserv), 802.1p/q prioritization and passthrough of WAN-side DSCPs, Per-Hop Behaviors (PHBs) and queuing to LAN-side devices
- Remote management and secured remote management using HTTPS, DMZ firewall feature
- Static routing ( myfiosgateway.com )
- VPN (VPN easy pass-through only)
Verizon Fios Gateway :
Verizon Fios gateways are no doubt the best modem /router gateways on the market these days, Verizon Fios gateways are compatible with almost all kinds of routers, for ultimate performance and wireless coverage make sure your Verizon fios gateway is not stacked up, Verizon Fios gateways are built as such that you can simply place them upside at 90 degree.
Myfiosgateway Login /set Up :
STEP 1: Connect the power adapter to your Verizon Fios gateway and power on your Verizon Fios gateway after connecting external antennas
STEP 2: Connect high-speed WAN provided to you by Verizon to your Verizon Fios gateway, in case of coaxial connection Connect the coaxial cable to your Verizon Fios gateway
STEP 3: Power on your Verizon Fios gateway, wait for the lights to turn solid on your Verizon gateway device.
STEP 4: Connect an Ethernet cable from Verizon modem to your computer or alternatively, you can connect your computer wirelessly with Verizon Gateway, you can check for network name SSID and wifi password from wireless configuration card>>provided with Verizon gateway or check Verizon Fios router label for wifi configuration settings.
STEP 5: Open a web browser on a device that is connected with Verizon gateway, type http://www.myfiosgatewaylogin.com in the address bar of your browser , a login screen will appear, alternatively if web address www.myfiosgateway.com fails you can try IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of your browser.
STEP 6: MYFIOSGATEWAY.COM GUI screen will appear, during the first time set up, Verizon gateway will authenticate you for admin password, you can locate admin password for Verizon gateway from router label itself.
STEP 7: Create a new admin password and then you can personalize myfiosgateway SSID network name and wifi password.
Parental Controls :
Harmful and phishing information on the internet poses a serious challenge for parents as well as employers about how to regulate internet access and internet activity, with help of Verizon Fios gateway you can easily limit internet access on certain devices and you can update time schedule also .you can create a simple access policy rule for networking devices which are connected with Verizon Fios gateway.
Step 1: Open a web browser and type http://www.myfiosgateway.com in the address bar of the browser, a login screen will appear, enter your username and password for my FiOS gateway
Step 2: Click on the administration option and then click on parental control option >>select the devices which you want to block on the Verizon Fios gateway
Step 3: Select the websites and keywords which you want to add to the restricted zone using the parental control feature.
What is Verizon Fios G1100 Quantum Gateway?
It is the fastest and powerful router manufactured by Verizon and it provides a speed that is three times faster than the speed provided by other routers of a different brand. It has a dual-core processor which enhances the performance of the router. Gigabit Ethernet ports are available to connect devices directly to the router and then a user can stream HD videos and play online games without any lag. ( MYFIOSGATEWAY.COM )
What you get when you unpack the router box?
- Verizon Quantum Gateway
• Power Adapter
• LAN and WAN Ethernet cables
• Quick Start Guide
To perform the setup process, a user needs a device such as a laptop or a computer that can connect to the computer through a wired or wireless connection. Also, a supported browser is needed. ( MYFIOSGATEWAY.COM )
How to setup Verizon Fios G1100 Quantum Gateway?
There are three simple steps to setup G1100 Quantum Gateway. We are providing the steps here. Follow the steps and make your gateway running and enjoy browsing.
- Unpack the box of the gateway and take out everything.
2. Find a high-speed WAN outlet. After that, connect the gateway to this outlet.
3. If you are using an Ethernet cable for the connection then insert one end into the WAN port of your gateway and another end into the WAN outlet. OR if you are using coaxial cable for the connection then insert its one end into the coax port of your gateway. Insert it’s another end into the coax wall jack. ( MYFIOSGATEWAY.COM )
4. Take the power adapter of the gateway. Connect it to the gateway and to the power outlet. Turn on the switch, your gateway turns on.
5. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable into a port at the back of your gateway and another end into your computer or laptop.
6. Connect your device to the gateway’s Wi-Fi network using its SSID.
7. Enter the password for your network.
8. Launch an internet browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
9. Either enter the default IP address or web address to access the gateway web-based Graphical User Interface.
10. The setup wizard guides you throughout the setup process. Click on Get Started button and land to the login window.
11. Enter the admin password and click on the Continue button. Now, customization screen displays. Set the security encryption you wanted for your network security and click on continue.
12. Save the changes you have made for your Wi-Fi and Admin. In the end, you will see a page displaying all the settings or changes you have made. ( MYFIOSGATEWAY.COM )
13. You can also print these settings in case you forgot them you can use this printed sheet to remember.
Your Quantum Gateway is set up successfully. Now, you can configure your gateway anytime. If in any case your gateway is failed to connect then check the troubleshooting tips we are providing in the next section.
Troubleshoot Verizon Fios G1100 Quantum Gateway
Unable to connect to the Internet
If this is the case then try the troubleshooting tips provided here.
- Check the power LED on your gateway. If it is solid white then the gateway is connected to the internet and the issue is somewhere else. If the light is red then the gateway is on but not connected to the internet. In this case, check the cable that is connected to the WAN port.
• Make sure the device from which you are accessing the internet is connected to the gateway’s network and also within the range of the gateway.
• Make sure the Wi-Fi of your device is on and can discover the gateway network. ( MYFIOSGATEWAY.COM )
• The router is running on the latest firmware and you have all the latest software installed to run your gateway properly.
• Turn off your Wi-Fi and then turn it on again after waiting for some seconds.
• Reset your gateway at the end of the issue does not get resolved.
If you need any further help for issues of Verizon Quantum gateway then we are here for your help. You can contact us for various other issues like the problem in accessing the gateway if you are locked out, how to restore the gateway to default factory settings, LAN connection fails, LED lights are not accordingly and there can be any other. If you are having issues while setting up the gateway then our certified technicians can help you in sorting the issue. For configuration help like how to change the admin password of your gateway etc., we are here for you.