Twitch is a popular game streaming website. The platform has a lot of celebrity gamers on this platform with millions of other users. As you know, the gaming and streaming industry is booming now and many streamers are even earning more than $100,000 per year from donations and sponsors. However, adding a donation box is the best way to make money while streaming on popular websites like Twitch. But the problem is that it is not easy to add a donation box on Twitch.
In this article, we will look at a few techniques using which you can easily set up a Donate button on your Twitch stream and earn money online.
#1 – Twitch Bits
Twitch bits are animated cheering emotes that the user can send to their favorite streamer and are one of the popular ways to accept the donation on twitch. It is seen as a token of appreciation and is officially released by Twitch. It has two-fold benefits, first of all, it supports the streamers and also rewards the users by giving them higher badges as they spend more bits. For using the bits, the user has to purchase them and then use them in live chat which earns a special badge. In general, a twitch streamer earns $1 for every 100 bits spent by the users on live chat.
How to Enable Twitch Bits option?
To enable the Twitch bits option that is available for all the stream partners, all you need to do is go to the dashboard, search for Partner Settings, and go to Bits & Cheering.
#2 – Add Donorbox Donation option on Twitch
You can also use other third-party applications and connect them with your Twitch Account and receive donations directly into your bank. DonorBox is one of those applications which can be used to collect donations in multiple currencies and with multiple payment options like PayPal, Apple Pay, Stripe, and all major Credit and Debit Cards.
To Setup Donarbox Donations on Twitch follow the below-given guide.
- First of all, you need to sign up to Donorbox using this link: https://donorbox.org/orgs/new/
- Confirm your Email id and Go to your Dashboard.
- Then, you need to create your first campaign by clicking on “Create Campaign Button.”
- You need to fill out all the information required and if done successfully, you will receive a donation box page link.
- Copy the link and go to your Twitch Dashboard.
- Now, go to the channel and click on Edit Panels.
- Click on the + icon and select “Add a Text or image panel.”
- You can also add a title to your donation box button and add a donate button image if you like.
- Now paste the Donation box copied link into a box that says “Image Links to” and click on the Submit button.
You can now receive donations from other users.
#3 – Add PayPal Donation Button to Your Twitch Stream
PayPal is one of the most used payment gateways in the world and is convenient, secure, and is a widely used online payment.
To link PayPal to your Twitch stream, follow these steps:
- First of all, go to PayPal and sign in with your credentials.
- Now click on tools and select All tools.
- In my apps search for “PayPal Buttons” and click on open.
- After that, click on the “Create new button” option that will open a form in front of you.
- Select Subscription as a button Type and fill in the required information.
- After that, log in your Twitch account and choose the “channel” option.
- Now, go to the admin tab and select edit.
- Click on the “+” sign box add title as “Donation” or “Donate here.”
- Paste the PayPal donation button code in a section that says “Image links to” and click Submit.
You are done with creating a PayPal donation option.
#4 Add Cryptocurrency Donation box on Twitch Stream
Cryptocurrency is a new way of accepting donations from secret Twitch users. There are some people who would like to donate but also don’t want to reveal their identity.
To accept Cryptocurrency as a mode of payment, use the following steps:
- First of all, sign up for any Crypto Wallet website.
- Now, go to the “Receive Payment” section of your app or website and find the shareable link or QR Code.
- Now, copy the link and follow step 5 to Step 9 given above in the PayPal Donation Box.
- After that, you will be able to receive donations in the form of Cryptocurrency.
Thus, we have discussed the four most popular ways of accepting payments using which you can simply and quickly receive the donation from Twitch. They are also very easy to set up so that it doesn’t consume much time of yours.