You may experience different kinds of update error messages when attempting to update Windows 10, 8, 8.1, Windows Server 2008, or 2012.
The error 0x80004005 is one of them which prevents your PC from refreshing with Microsoft Server. Here, in this article, we will clarify all the potential approaches to eliminate this error from your PC. In any case, the circumstance varies from PC to PC, so apply all the portrayed strategies in a steady progression.
We are certain that one strategy will work for you. Most KB Updates which experience this issue are: KB3093266, KB2919355, KB2932046, KB2959977, KB2937592, KB2938439, and KB2934018
Reason for Windows Update Error 0x80004005: There is anything but a solitary explanation that causes this error. As we referenced over that circumstance contrasts from PC to PC, so I have recorded here all the potential reasons.
- Missing System Files like DLL Files, Exe Files, Sys Files, OCX documents, and so on
- Old, outdated or incongruent Drivers
- As of late installed carriage software which supplanted the ward DLL files.
- There may be a virus attacked that harms your pc.
- Registry Editor Error. There may be some invalid passages in the registry files, that is causing this issue
- Maybe Antivirus or Firewall is obstructing the connection.
The most effective method to Fix Windows Update Error 0x80004005
Here, we are disclosing some potential approaches to fix this error.
Technique 1: Fix utilizing Advanced System Repair Tool: The most widely recognized reason for Windows update failure is undermined or harmed system files like DLL records, EXE records, sys records, and so on.
Many minuscule system files work on explicit undertakings. If one of the documents gets supplanted, erased, or harmed then you may get windows to refresh and error 0x80004005.
Download and Install Advanced System Repair Tool and output your PC. It has a huge database with 25 million files. It will discover all the harmed or erased system files and reinstall them with the new ones. In the wake of streamlining with Advanced System Repair Tool, attempt to install the windows update once more.
Strategy 2: Run Windows Update TroubleShooter:
- Type troubleshoot in the Windows Start Menu.
- Select “View all” on the left board and run the “Windows update” troubleshooter from the list.
- Click Advanced, make sure to check to Apply repairs automatically, and select Run as administrator.
- Click Next and adhere to the on-screen directions to finish the process.
Technique 3: Restart Windows Update Service, BITS, and Cryptographic Services:
- Open Command Prompt as administrator.
- Execute the accompanying command individually.
net stop wuauserv
net stop bits
net stop cryptsvc
- Rename Windows Update Folder. Execute the accompanying orders in cmd individually.
ren %systemroot%\System32\Catroot2 Catroot2.old
ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
4: Update Windows Services, BITS, and Cryptographic administrations once more. Execute the accompanying command individually.
net beginning wuauserv
net beginning pieces
net beginning cryptsvc
- Close the command prompts and check the installation of the update once more.
This article discloses how to fix windows update error 0x80004005 in Windows-based PCs like Windows 8, 8.1, 7,10, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012. We are hoping that this article helps you fix this error.