How to fix error 0x80240034 in Windows?
The Windows error 0x80240034 is mainly seen in Windows 10 while updating their PC Windows Update gets stuck at 1% after which it fails. The Windows 10 0x80240034 error can also be seen when you view the update history which indicates that the update has failed. This is a pretty frustrating error that needs to be fixed as soon as possible. In this article, we will discuss the effective solutions that can be applied to fix the Windows 10 error 0x80240034:
Use Windows Update Troubleshooter
As you know, the Windows Update Troubleshooter is a built-in tool available on all Windows 10 computers. It helps us to fix any errors related to Windows Update. To use the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:
- First of all, go to Start and open Settings.
- Go to Update & Security and visit Troubleshoot.
- After that, find Windows Update, click Run the troubleshooter and follow further on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer to check if the error has been resolved.
Windows 10 error 0x80240034 can also occur if your system files are damaged and hence, you can use the System File Checker (SFC) tool to resolve the issue using the following steps:
- First of all, press Windows+Q, type cmd, open Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator.
- In the new cmd window, type sfc /scannow and then hit the Enter.
- Wait until the scan and repair process is finished and check the update now.
The Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool can also be used to fix corrupt system files in the following ways:
- Press Windows key + X simultaneously and run Command Prompt.
- Write the following command on the command line:
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- It might happen that the DISM can’t obtain files online. If this is the case, try using your installation USB or DVD, in which you need to insert media and type the following command:
dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:/Repair/Source/Windows /LimitAccess
- Replace C:/Repair/Source/Windows with the path of your DVD or USB.
Download the update manually
To fix this error, you can also manually download and install the update related to the error after obtaining the update code of the update. Keep in mind that all Windows update code starts with KB, followed by an array of numbers.
To download manually, follow these steps:
- Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website, click on the search box, and type the update code in the search box.
- Press Enter and from the list of matching updates, find the update that uses the same architecture as your system.
- Click the Download button to download it.
- After that, run the setup file, follow the instructions, and restart your Windows PC to see if the issue has been fixed.
Reset Windows Updates Components
Resetting Windows Updates components can also effectively fix the Windows 10 error 0x80240034 problem that can be done in the following ways
- Open the Win + X menu, select Command Prompt, and type the following commands:
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver rmdir %windir%SoftwareDistribution /S /Q net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
- After that, hit Enter and then check to see if the problem is resolved.
Run a full system scan
Sometimes a malware infection can cause 0x80240034 Windows update error to occur and trouble the users. To fix the problem, you can perform a full system scan with your antivirus installed on your P