Here is How You Can Move Files From SSD To HDD! Easy Steps To Follow
It is very easy to add a Solid State Drive (SSD) to a PC and install the operating system or working framework on it because an SSD plate can support the exhibition of a PC significantly. Furthermore, the installed programs on it likewise have incredible execution. However, because of its excessive cost, numerous users presumably purchase a more modest one, such as,128GB, 256GB, 512GB, and the plate space will be extraordinarily decreased on the off chance that you introduce numerous projects or add huge loads of documents, which may surpass your desires.
As of now, you may decide to uninstall and afterward re-installed those most loved programs or projects to other hard drives or move records from SSD to HDD. Yet, the previous one isn’t ideal, since this activity will influence the general presentation of the program. At that point, the most ideal route is to store information mitigated on the HDD and free the circle space for the SSD.
How to Move Files from SSD to HDD on Windows 10:
Step 1: Create a Backup File of the SSD Drive:
- First of all you need to create a backup file of the source drive, which is the SSD drive by launching EaseUS Todo PCTrans on the computer and go to the “Backup & Restore” mode. Now click Start.
- Now select Next on the ‘Data Backup’ section. Now you are required to confirm the default settings for the file name, path, or customize the settings. From now, you need to select the files you want to move or shift from the SSD drive.
- The program gives you to make backup files for a variety of file types like personal data, applications, and user accounts. Having chosen the documents, drift over the mouse over the Files field, and select ‘Edit’ to deselect the ‘Applications’, and ‘Accounts’ alternatives
- At last, click on Finish and after that on Backup.
Step 2: Restore the File to the HDD Drive:
- First of all, you need to open the EaseUS Todo PCTrans program and go to the ‘Transfer Method’ option.
- Now you need to select ‘Data Restore’, then click theNext button. After that, you need to select the backup file you created in step one.
- You have to select the file where you stored the backup file and click on the Restore button. You now will go back to the Files screen, where you are required to select the Edit option.
- The backup file should be visible now. Next, click on the pencil icon to choose the location for the documents or files. Select the HDD to which you might want to move the documents, and present the change. After the ‘Basic Settings’ screen, click on Finish, and afterward on Restore.
How to Move Apps from SSD to HDD Windows 10:
- Select the Apps to Transfer:
- First of all you need to go to the EaseUS Todo PCTrans and select the Transfer mode.
- Go to ‘App Migration’ from the main menu, and then click on ‘Start’. Here on you need to select the apps you are required to shift from the SSD drive.
- To do this, select the source segment, and afterward tick the applications and programs you might want to move (just select the ones that are marked ‘Yes’).
Step 2: Select the Target Drive and Migrate the Apps:
- First of all, select all the Applications you would like to move and then click on ‘Browse’ to select the HDD as your target drive.
- Now click on ‘Transfer’. Now you have to wait for the process to complete.
- After that, click on the ‘Ok’ and close the window.
- Reboot your PC for the changes to the effect.
How to Move Games from SSD to HDD: If you want to move the games installed on your SSD drive to an HDD drive to improve its performance. There are a few strategies you may use to move games from your SSD drive to HDD drive without reinstalling them once more. These are the absolute best strategies for moving games from SSD to HDD:
Method 1: How to Move Steam Games From SSD to HDD: The most ideal approach to move Steam files from SSD to HDD is by making Symlinks utilizing the Steam Mover application. This application might be utilized to move practically any game including Origin, and Steam games. With this technique, you can move the game, and play it from the new area without reinstalling it. Here is the way you should go about it:
Step 1: Download Steam Mover and Run it: Download the Steam Mover application from the official website. Since it is a portable file you don’t have to install it on your PC. Simply double-tap on the EXE file to run it.
Step 2: Select the Games to be Moved from the SSD Drive: You need to select the current location of the game on the left pane. On the correct sheet of the window, select the folder where you want it to place on the HDD drive. Next, you need to choose the game you might want to relocate from the rundown of installed games.
Presently click on the blue arrow towards the lower part of the Steam Mover window. Now, the Steam Mover ought to raise an order brief window demonstrating the advancement of the duplicate or copy. Permit the system sufficient opportunity to wrap up copying the files.
When done, the game will have been copied to the new HDD location, with an easy route in the original folder. All things considered, you will have the option to run, and play it from Origin, Steam, or utilizing the alternate way as though it was rarely moved. Rehash this methodology to relocate different games to HDD consistently.
Method 2: Move the Game File, and Direct the Game Manager to its New Location:
You don’t have to download more programming or software to pursue your games you have moved them from SSD to HDD. This is essential because both Origin, and Steam are fit for distinguishing the introduced game(s) even after it has been moved to an alternate area. Here how you do it:
- First of all, you need to create a Folder for the Game in the Location where you want it to shift.
- You need to create a fresh file, in case you are using Steam. To do this you need to go to Settings then Downloads and then Steam Library Folders. Select the ‘Add Library Folder’ option.
- Name the new folder ‘steamapps’. Next, create a new sub-folder within the Steamapps folder and name it ‘Common‘.
Copy and Paste the Game to the New Folder: Explore to the current location of the game file you might want to move. Find the folder for the game you might want to move and copy it. After that return to the steam applications/normal folder, you made in sync 1, and glue the game organizer there.
Step 3: Re-install the Game in the New location
- First of all, open Steam, then right-click on the game you want to move. You need to select the ‘Delete Local Content’ option in the next menu and it will lead you to uninstall the game from its current location.
- After that, you need to click on the Install button that will help you to re-install the game in the HDD drive.
- Now click on the ‘Choose Location’ and select the folder you created.
- Now on, Steam will make the important changes, and install the game in the new HDD location.
Method 3: How to Move Origin Games from SSD to HDD: The technique for moving Origin game files from SSD to HDD is like the one depicted above however more simple and easy. To move an Original game from SSD to HDD,
- Open Windows Explorer, and make another folder for the game in the desired location in the HDD drive.
- You should then copy the game folder and paste it into the new. Now remove the game file from the SSD drive. Open Origin and explore to Origin then Application Settings and then Advanced.
Under ‘Downloaded Games’ select the ‘Change’ button, and direct it to the new game folder you created in the HDD drive. Return to the ‘My Games’ view, and click on the ‘Downloaded’ button to re-install the game. Origin will now detect the existing game files in the new location and install it accordingly.
- Under ‘Downloaded Games’ select the ‘Change’ button, and direct it to the new folder. Re-visit the ‘My Games’ view, and snap on the ‘Downloaded’ button to re-install the game. Origin will presently identify the current game documents in the new area and introduce it appropriately.
That is all from our side about the “How To Move Files From SSD To HDD”. Usually, several users tend to have a smaller SSD drive and a larger HDD drive on a PC. You have to move some files from the SSD drive to the HDD drive to speed things up. Hopefully, this article will help you.