Here How You Can Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage In Windows 10
We know that there are a lot of times when you guys experience lagging and slow down issues in PC. We also know that when you check what is using high CPU usage in Process Manager, you see that WMI Provider Host is running in the background and using high CPU usage.
Well, we have compiled this article for you people so you can fix this issue. We are going to explain how you can Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage in Windows 10/8/7 PC.
Now for those who don’t know, What is WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.exe)?
WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.exe) is a windows cycle that is useful in running different applications in Windows. It represents Windows Management Instrumentation Provider and if this cycle stops, a large portion of the capacity of the window would quit working. This cycle isn’t vindictive and you ought not to stop it. Nonetheless, there are a few changes, by utilizing that you can streamline the cycles utilized.
Why WMI Provider Host (WmiPrvSE.exe) is using too much processor usage? There could be many reasons that can cause this error. Here in this article, we have mentioned a list of some causes and solutions.
Fix 1: Fix using Advanced System Repair Tool: The most appropriate purpose for this issue is undermined or corrupted system files, old drivers, running inconsistent applications out of sight, infections or trojans, and so on Utilize Advanced System Repair Tool to fix all these guilty party corners consequently and let your framework run without having such issues.
Fix 2: Scan and Remove Virus, Trojan, or Malware: There should be some malicious application running behind your PC and that application is making WMI Provider Host run persistently. Install the most recent and authorized antivirus programming or utilize the Advanced System Repair apparatus to sweep and eliminate such malevolent applications and afterward fix the harms done by viruses.
Fix 3: Use WMI Provider Troubleshooter: This is another extraordinary technique to analyze and fix the WMI error utilizing Troubleshooter. In any case, to utilize it, you should restart your PC in Safe Mode with Networking at that point run the Troubleshooter order in Administrative CMD. Here how you do it.
- First of all, you need to press the window and R key simultaneously to open Run Command then type msconfig and then click Ok.
- Now you need to go to the Boot tab and then check the Safe Boot checkbox and select a Networking radio button. Now click Apply and Ok.
- Now you need to reboot your to check whether the issue is solved or not.
- After rebooting, you need to press the Windows and X key and then choose Windows PowerShell(Admin).
- Presently, type the command msdt.exe -id MaintenanceDiagnostic in the PowerShell and press enter.
- At this point, you will find the System Maintenance Troubleshooter window, there you need to click on the Next button to start the Diagnosis.
- If you find any error found in the diagnosis, then you need to run the command in msdt.exe /id PerformanceDiagnostic in PowerShell to repair those errors.
- Now Performance Windows will appear and then you need to click the Next button to repair the error.
- When you are done running Troubleshooter successfully, then you have to revert the system into Normal Boot mode.
- Now you need to open the Run command and type msconfig and click Ok. Go to the Boot menu and uncheck the Safe boot checkbox and click Apply.
Method 4: Restart WMI Provider Host Service: Here how you do it.
- First of all, you need to press Windows and R simultaneously to open the Run Command and type services.msc and click Ok.
- Now look for Windows Management Instrument service and then right-click on it and select Restart.
- Now you need to open the command prompt as administrator and type each command one after another.
net stop iphlpsvc
net stop wscsvc
net stop Winmgmt
net start Winmgmt
net start wscsvc
net start iphlpsvc
- Now you need to reboot your PC to check whether this error is gone or not.
Hey folks, that is all from our side. In this article, we have tried to explain why WMI Host Provider services use a high CPU. Now you can try the above-mentioned methods and can try how you can fix it by yourself.