Discord is a gaming communication application that is very easy to use and helps players to communicate via messaging or voice is one of the fastest-growing digital platforms in the world. If you are into online gaming then you must have heard about the Discord app as it provides an interactive way of gaming through its application while playing games on your private servers and is loved by thousands of online gamers.
It is also available across various platforms as the Discord app is available on your desktop and mobile versions to download. In short, Discord is a combination of a private messaging/chat lobby, a VoIP based audio chatting system, and a message board that works on a lot of games like PUBG, Minecraft, and Fortnite, to name a few.
Discord has added a new feature that is known as the Discord Spoiler tag that is used to easily hide the spoilers on the Discord app and reveal it only to the people who are interested in reading it. Before this feature, as thousands of people across the world on the same server, this used to be a problem. Many of the over-enthusiastic users sometimes revealed some advanced game tactics or some spoilers. This is not something that all of us like, and now, if you don’t want to read those, you can use this tagging feature.
Discord has options using which you can add text, images, emojis, and other things into your Discord messages, and you are not short of features. As already said, the spoiler tags on discord is a new functionality that has been added recently and will help you to send and decide whether to read the spoilers or not.
What is a Spoiler tag on Discord?
Having a spoiler in an intense moment is quite disgusting and not something that we wish for. The spoilers ruin our interest in the topic or game because you know the suspense and what is about to come. The problem also concerned the Discord authorities who had found a solution to this problem. The solution is nothing but by launching the “Spoiler tag” feature on Discord itself.
Although the Spoiler tag functionality was already available on a lot of forums, it was not available in Discord. They can be used to hide spoilers behind color, and it can only be shown to only those people who are interested in it. All you need to do is click “Reveal Spoiler Tag”, and you will see what you want.
In this article, we will have a look at all the important things we should know about the Discord spoiler tag. We will also look at how to use the spoiler tags on discord effectively.
How to add Spoiler tag on Discord?
There are two methods for adding the spoiler tag, and both of them are easy to do:
- Using a Tag to add Spoiler on Discord.
- Using the Hide option on the Discord App.
Let us discuss both the methods id details.
Method 1: Using a Tag to add Spoiler on Discord:
- First of all, you need to visit your Discord app and login with the credentials.
- Now, go to the servers and select your server.
- After that, come to the message section, and type in your message.
- After you are done, put ‘||’ before and after the spoiler text and hit enter.
- This method can be used on all your devices, such as the Discord desktop app, browser app, and also Discord Android and iOs app.
Method 2: Using Hide option on Discord App to Hide Spoiler:
- Again, visit the Discord App and click on the open dashboard option.
- Now, go to the Discord Chat server and type in your message, what you want to send.
- Select the Part from the message which you want to hide.
- After selecting, a new set of options will pop up above the text, and you need to click on the last eye-like icon.
- After you have done this, the Spoiler tag will be added to your message.
This marks the end of our article, and we hope that now you know how to send a spoiler message from your desktop, browser, or even from your mobile phone having any OS like iOS or Android. It is a win for both sides as those who want spoilers without disturbing those who do not. These two methods are great and convenient methods to send spoilers.
Have fun with Discord!