Are you a die-hard fan of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? Have you seen Dev Error 6178 Modern Warfare on your Windows PC? Then you’re not alone, as we provide practical solutions to your issue. Modern Warfare is one of the most well-known Calls of Duty games, with a sizable multiplayer fanbase. Many users, however, have reported the Fatal Error: Dev Error 6178 Modern Warfare, which we addressed in this article.
Please be sure to follow the instructions in the letter to ensure complete eradication of the issue. It’s likely that your GPU driver is out of date or that you don’t have enough virtual RAM if you get Dev Error 6178 Modern Warfare. There may be other variables, but there is no need to be alarmed. Try the suggestions below, which have shown to be effective in helping others overcome their difficulties.
You can read more about this error from: https://dtechroof.com/dev-error-6178-modern-warfare/
How to Fix Dev Error 6178 Modern Warfare?
When Dev Error 6178 Modern Warfare happens, a Fatal Issue window displays and players cannot play the game properly. It may occur at random when you initially start the game or load a map. Please make sure you follow the steps below carefully:
Solution 1: Make Sure to Update the Graphics Card Drivers
To update the Graphics Card Drivers, kindly make sure to follow the instructions below:
- First and foremost, you have to hit the “Windows + X” keys on the keyboard at the same time to choose “Device Manager.”
- After that, you have to locate and then click on “Display Adapters” to expand the list of graphics drivers installed on your device.
- To update your graphic card driver, you have to double-click on it to see its properties, and then you have to pick the “Driver” tab first and then “Update Driver.”
When the driver has been updated, you must restart your computer to see whether the Dev error 6178 modern warfare resolves. If not, then move on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Windowed Mode for Playing the Game
- Start by right-clicking on the desktop and then selecting “NVIDIA control panel” from the menu in the first step.
- Then, in the left pane, you have to open the “Display” option, and you have to pick “Set-up G-sync” from the drop-down menu.
- On the right-hand side of the Window, you have to tick the boxes next to “Enable G-SYNC” and then “Enable G-SYNC for windowed and full-screen mode.”
Finally, if the Dev Error 6178 Modern Warfare continues after adjusting the settings, don’t panic; instead, proceed to the following
the probable solution mentioned below.
Solution 3: Pagefile Enlargement in the Window
- To begin, you have to open the run box and type “sysdm.cpl,” while simultaneously pressing the “Win + R” keys on the computer.
- Next, you have to navigate to the “Advanced” tab under the “Performance” section, and then you have to click on the “Settings” option.
- Then, in the “Performance Option” box, you have to go to the “Advanced” tab, then to the “Virtual Memory” section, and finally, you have to click the “Change” button.
- And then, you have to Uncheck the box next to “Automatically manage paging file size for all CDs,” and then you have to select “Custom Size.”
- Finally, in the “Initial Size” and “Maximum Size” text boxes, you have to raise the values; then, you have to click the “Set” button.
- So, after making the modifications, verify the issue
resolves or not.
Solution 4: Turning off G-sync in NVIDIA
- Start by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting “NVIDIA control panel” from the menu as a first step.
- Then, on the left pane, you have to open the “Display” option, and then you have to pick “Set-up G-sync” from the drop-down menu.
- On the right-hand side of the Window, you have to uncheck the option next to “Enable G-Sync” and then save the changes.
- To test whether the issue is still there, restart your computer.
Solution 5: Using Admin Permissions to Start the Game
- To begin, you have to right-click on the Call of Duty Modern Warfare executable, and then you have to choose Run as Administrator from the context menu that displays.
- When the UAC (User Account Control) box displays, you must click yes to grant admin access.
- After then, you must wait for the game to begin and observe whether the problem persists.
Note: If you establish that a lack of admin access caused the problem, you may utilize the steps listed below to ensure that admin
privileges enforce on every executable start.
- Next, Right-clicking on the application again and then selecting Properties from the context menu will require.
- Then, on the properties screen, you have to select the Compatibility tab from the list of options.
- Then, under the Settings section, you must double-check that the possibility for Run this application as administrator is selected.
- By clicking Apply, you must save your changes.
- After that, you may launch the COD executable, and the game will run with admin rights at all times.
To sum up, we’d like to point out that when we launch any video game on our Windows PCs, we regularly have crashes or loading issues. You won’t be concerned even if the Modern Warfare game crashes. The troubleshooting methods in this article will aid you in fixing the problem.
We hope that you found this technical article to be