After the latest build of windows 10 which is 2004 was released, there has been a number of Reddit posts regarding an issue faced by the users while downloading the build in their window PCs. While upgrading to the latest build, users are getting a new kid of error as “Your PC settings aren’t supported”. Also, the error does not give any hint or information regarding what went wrong.
However, the version 2004 is available only to the users who all are running windows 10 1903 and 1909. People using these versions can install the update from the settings app.
As per Microsoft, the update is being rolled out to all the qualifying devices and also auto-updates the devices are close to the end of support. Also, on forum  and the Q&A website it clearly shows that users get the message “what needs your attention”.
Why the message?
While trying to install the Windows 10 2004 update, the following things should be kept in mind.
- Basically, the dialog pop up box shows that the PC settings are not yet supported on the latest version.
- Also, that the Microsoft software pushing team is working on the device and the settings modified to push the update build 2004 as soon as possible.
One can also look up to the Microsoft page regarding the same problem by clicking here.
Furthermore, one can follow the instructions below to try installing it by getting rid of the problems.
Note: “Our team is not responsible for any crashes in the system due to the fix.”
#1 Updating the Hardware drivers
There is a high possibility that the hardware drivers are outdated that may be causing the error or maybe wrong drivers to have been in your system.
For this, Install the correct driver from the official website of the manufacturer.
- Fill in the correct details of the brand of driver present in the system.
- Make sure it matches your computer architecture system.
If you are a newbie and still cannot find the relevant details about the driver. This method will surely help you with that.
- Down the Driver Easy software from here.
- Run the software and click the Scan Now button.
- It will scan for all the outdated or corrupted drivers and present a list of all.
- Click Update All after buying the Pro version with a minimum charge.
Restart the computer and try installing the update to make sure the problem is fixed.
#2 Disabling the Core isolation
To get this step done,
- Settings>Windows Security>Security center>Device security>Core isolation.
- Disable it.
If the problem is still persisting and a user is not able to update the windows to version 2004, we would suggest following the official Microsoft page by clicking here to get more details by the team.
Also, stay tuned on this article as we will update the same if we can any information about the same problem.
Still, have any queries regarding the Windows 10 2004 update? Don’t worry, just comment down below with the system info and the error name and our team will reply to the problem as soon as possible.