5 MYTHS ABOUT FLEET MANAGEMENT
Many industries, including logistics companies, construction businesses, and warehouses, etc. all require efficient fleet management systems to thrive. However, there are a lot of misunderstandings and misconceptions about fleet management systems and how they operate.
In this post, we will attempt to debunk 5 myths about fleet management.
THE CONCEPT OF FLEET MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS
A fleet manager is faced with the responsibility of ensuring that a company’s vehicles and its logistics are in good shape. He does this by keeping a record of how and why these vehicles are used. He is also saddled with the responsibility of understanding depreciation curves, reducing the costs of maintenance, and enhancing the efficiency of fleet operations.
In addition, a fleet manager ensures his drivers’ compliance with the safety rules of the company and regulatory authorities. He also prepares analytics and insights for action from the necessary departments in the company.
FLEET MANAGEMENT MYTHS
Here are the 5 most common myths on fleet management:
- MY FLEET DOES NOT NEED MANAGING BECAUSE OF ITS SIZE: As long as you have at least 2 functioning vehicles in your garage, you need efficient fleet management systems in place. This will help your business save both cash and time and also ensure the durability of your fleet. It doesn’t matter if you have just one fleet manager, your reward for efficient fleet management is priceless. Pop over here to learn more about fleet management tools.
- MANAGING A FLEET IS QUITE EXPENSIVE: Although you will need to invest a lot to get started, you will begin to reap the dividends after a few months. Many experts believe that the investment required to start fleet management is worth it when you think about some of the benefits such as increased productivity, and the operational cost reductions, etc.
- THE PURPOSE OF FLEET MANAGEMENT IS TO SPY ON DRIVERS: This is the reason why a lot of drivers are reluctant to embrace fleet management. They often tend to believe that the company is setting up a system to control them. However, the truth is that fleet management helps in making the work of both drivers and fleet managers easier. It gives them the info they need to enable them to achieve better results and job satisfaction.
- ALL FLEET MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS ARE SIMILAR: If you are referring to their external appearance and a few of their functions, you may be right. However, some fleet management systems do more than track vehicles and come with unique premium features. Hence, it is advisable to invest in quality fleet management tools.
- FLEET MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS REPLACE FLEET MANAGERS: The role of fleet management systems is not to replace fleet managers. On the contrary, these systems still require skilled fleet managers to monitor and interpret the data provided by these systems. This will help the company make the necessary modifications needed for improvement.
Since the benefits of fleet management systems are priceless, investing in them is a no-brainer.